Calling our BIA Builders and Remodelers - Our 3rd Annual Holiday Homes on Parade is taking place on December 6th & 7th. It is a 2-day home tour featuring new homes and large remodeling projects decorated for the holidays. A portion of the tickets sales is being donated to a local charity - Salvation Army Coats for Kids.
The Call for Entries is open to New and Lived-in Homes, and Remodeled Homes, too. So, if you have a client that was great to work with and would consider opening their home up to the tour we would welcome that entry! This is a great way to showcase yourself and your work to your potential clients!
Entry fee is $500 and the deadline is October 18th.
Holiday Homes on Parade Contract
The undersigned builder (hereinafter "Builder") and the Building Industry Association of Lancaster County (hereinafter "BIA"), intending to be legally bound agree as follows.
1. Builder hereby applies to the BIA to enter one or more New or Remodeled Homes (hereinafter collectively the "Homes") in the 2019 Holiday Homes on Parade conducted by the BIA (hereinafter the "Parade"). The Registration Fee and General Information sheet included hereto is made a part hereof.
2. Homes that may be entered: New Homes and Remodeled Homes may be entered in the Holiday Homes on Parade. Owners of Remodeled or New Homes entered in the Holiday Homes on Parade shall sign a BIA provided form indicating their understanding and acceptance of the rules and regulations governing the Holiday Homes on Parade and willingness to abide by the hours the Home shall be open to the public during the Holiday Homes on Parade hours.
3. Holiday Homes on Parade hours: Friday: 5:00PM - 8:00PM and Saturday: 2:00PM - 8:00PM. Parade homes must be open during all Parade hours. Builder/Remodeler is responsible for staffing Homes during the hours specified in this Contract. Some rooms may be roped off at the discretion of the homeowner/builder, but Parade visitors must be able to view most finished rooms.
4. Floors: Homes must have finished floors.
5. Compliance and Complaints: Builders/Remodelers shall conform to the Contractor Quality Commitment standards issued by the BIA and build a quality product. The BIA reserves the right to reject any Holiday Home on Parade entry without cause. The BIA further reserves the right (for cause) to reject any Holiday Home on Parade entry, without refund. The BIA Ethics Committee will be utilized to review any complaints or violations of this Contract. Determination of a violation by the Committee shall be final and binding upon the parties hereto.
6. Insurance Requirements: Builder shall maintain adequate general liability insurance for each new Home and provide the BIA with a Certificate of Insurance (COI) no later than November 29, 2019, naming the BIA and the event with dates as an additional insured. Homeowners shall maintain adequate personal liability for each occupied Home and provide the BIA with a Certificate of Insurance (COI) no later than November 29, 2019, naming the BIA and the event with dates as an additional insured.
7. Liability Insurance/BIA: Builder shall indemnify, defend and hold harmless the BIA from and against any and all claims and demands of loss whatsoever, caused to any person or property, arising directly or indirectly out of the business conducted in, or about Homes or arising directly or indirectly from any act or omission of the Builder/Remodeler, its servants, its employees, or agents and from or against any and all cost, expenses (including reasonable attorney's fees) and liability incurred with any claim or proceeding brought thereon.
8. Holiday Homes on Parade Registration Materials/Deadlines: Builder shall complete this Contract, including photos, and the entry fee on or before October 18, 2019, to qualify for the Registration and guarantee all advertising.
9. Opening Day Requirements: Homes shall be complete on the opening day of the Holiday Homes on Parade.
10. Refund Policy: $500 entry fee is non-refundable.
11. Contract Violations: Any violations of the provisions of this Contract may, at the discretion of the Board of Directors, result in Builder/Remodeler being banned from participation in the remainder of the 2019 Holiday Homes on Parade and in future Holiday Homes on Parade.